Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Lawn Man to take over for Lawn Chief

There's really no point to this post. I just like getting on other blogs and seeing new stuff so I'll try to do the same. It's the last day of February- thank God, because that means spring is coming and winter is leaving. I question why I live in this state every winter- I hate it- and this was actually a pretty bad winter for around here. Soon though, things will green up and I'll have to buy a new lawn mower because the Lawn Chief finally kicked the bucket last fall. You might remember the Chief from earlier posts where I had repaired him at least half a dozen times. Finally, last fall, his pull-rope broke and I didn't have all the tools I needed to take him apart, put in the new rope, and then put him back together. I tired but he resisted so I kicked him to the curb on a chilly Sunday night. Monday is trash day and in the early morning light I could see that someone had taken pity on the cheif and taken him home before he became a citizen of the local land fill. It'd be funny to see him chopping down a yard out about town some day on one of my runs that I'm looking forward to when it gets warm enough to get a sunburn. But that's all fantasy and the reality is that right now I'm in ISS with four of my past students. A fight and two brothers who thought they could both skip school without anyone putting the coincidence together. It's grey out, chilly, and windy. Guess I'll just sit back and wait for spring and the thought of being here in June, after Leslie graduates with her Masters in Counseling.
P.S. Consumer Reports lists the "Lawn Man" as the best buy all around push mower. Gotta get mine yo.

3 comments:

Prozenberger said...

Don't you know you only run when you are being chased? Buy a bike, I miss dropping you!! Or borrow one of mine and a pair of my smelly shoes that are 2 sizes too small for you...

kal said...

Lawn Man or Yard-Man? My mower bit it two summers ago and I had to get a new one. I got a Yard-Man with a nice 22" blade and 195 cc's of pure destructive power.

Beefcakes said...

Ah yes, that's right, Yard-Man. Either way, it's a lame name. Probably don't sell a lot of those to the lesbian community. They're really cutting themselves out of some sales there.