Wednesday, October 24, 2007

ISS Post

I shouldn't have eaten those cupcakes. Every once in a while someone brings in some garbage for us to eat. This particular time, our counselor's husband who works at the local cupcake factory, brought in some cream filled badness for our gorging pleasure. I did partake. I regret. Now I am tired, heavy feeling, and I'm pretty sure my blood is stuck in traffic. It's weird how when you get away from eating that stuff and you're eating lean and healthy, the times you do get some junk food take an immediate toll on you. Sure did taste good though. Ummm, chocolatety, creamy... I feel like Homer Simpson. Well, I guess with the holidays coming up I better practice getting my eat on because before you know it I'll have a beer in one hand and a cookie in the other.

ISS has been busy lately. Seems people need to try new behaviors that others have gone before and tried. Sort of like mountain climbing, "Well all these other guys tried for the summit and died, but I think I have a shot." ISS is the same, "Well, he didn't make it, but I'll give it a shot." "Oops, no, that didn't work. Now I'm in ISS." It's even easier to get in trouble now because we have video cameras.


I haven't been riding much. In fact I haven't ridden but twice. Those were some sweet rides though. Ozenpro was a bit disappointed when I didn't get dropped repeatedly on my maiden voyage on the new bike. I was wondering why he brought his fixed gear. The only thing I could figure is that he expected me to be slow and weak. Well, spend three months running with high school kids five days a week and you'll stay in pretty good shape too.


Now it's three days since I started this post. Not too much has happened since I started it. We had parent/teacher conferences last night. That's always a blast. I love having some loud guys with bad breath get all up in my grill and tell me about how great the Patriots and Red Sox are for about 4.5 minutes and then save the last 30 seconds of our conversation to talk about his daughter. Oh yeah, and thanks for telling me about your eye surgery and how they had your eyeball all taken out and then shoved back in. Needed that. No, actually the conferences were fine. That one guy just kind of stood out to me for some reason- no idea why.


Tomorrow is the District Cross-Country Meet. The top 15 automatically go to State. I'm hoping for a couple of my team to make it. That would be really cool in the first year of the program. If not, we're done for the year. I'm about ready for a break anyway. Three months of one sport being the only coach is enough. We've had our ups and downs but overall it's been a good season.

No comments: