Friday, October 26, 2007

Good Beers

I love beer. Let's just get that right out there. I don't like Bud or any of that crap. I mean real beer. Beer that you don't drink more than about 3 or 4 of without feeling like you just ate a 5 pound and the grissle. Here's one that's been my favorite for a while now. Here's what the maker of the beer says:
Pyramid India Pale Ale has the distinctively hoppy flavor and aroma craft beer enthusiasts demand. Abundant helpings of Columbus hops gives this ale an astonishing 67 IBU's - truly a beer for bold tastes! The distinguished Celebrator Beer News aptly named this brew "hophead nectar" (June/July issue, 1998). Original Gravity: 16.7Alcohol By Volume: 6.70%Malts: 2-Row Barley, Munich, Caramel, CarapilsHops: TomahawkAvailability: Year RoundBest Paired With: Fish, BBQ and all things hot n' spicy.
But with cooler weather being here you have to try some of Sam Adams Double Bock. It's a very smooth, sweet beer with, no joke, a half pound of malt used per bottle. It's about as strong as wine and very heavy. Although I bought it last fall and winter here, according to the Sam Adams website, it's sale is illegal in several states including Missouri.
Well if I can't get that this winter, another favorite cold weather beer of mine is the Trippel from New Belgium Brewery. This is not a beer tasting beer. At least not by American norms. It's a good one though- very complex and almost strange. It is supposed to be a Belgin style beer afterall.
There are so many good beers out there anymore. It's hard to choose when I go shopping. Leslie's step-dad and I like to get together and talk beers when the opportunity comes up. I should start a beer tasting party. I could plan it on the same nights as the "other" parties that the ladies like to have. You know like, Pampered Chef and whatnot.

2 comments:

kal said...

I like India Pyramid as well. Also like Lawnmower from time to time, but my favorite is probably still Mackeson XXX Milk Stout.

Alicia said...

I have to agree. I usually do not like IPA, but I love that one!