Friday, August 17, 2007

Have you seen my keys?

This post needs no picture. Two days ago I was at the gym. When you walk in there's a place where many people leave their keys. They are just placed in one of two bowls or left just under the bowls on the counter if the bowls are too full. So I leave my keys there along with most everyone else. I don't think I'll be doing that anymore unless I attach a rattlesnake (live) to my key ring. I always check to make sure I get MY keys when I leave. You wouldn't believe how many people there have a Honda. All the key fobs look alike and they all have these giant over sized keys. So you have to be careful. I've actually picked up someone's keys before but since I actually look at the keys carefully before I walk away I correct and get my own. Wouldn't it be great if everyone else did that? I'd sure appreciate it since it's now been two days since I had my keys which include my work keys. Did I mention I go back to work full-time on Monday? Unfortunately, the person who picked up my keys by accident doesn't believe in getting exercise everyday and they have not returned to the gym. What's strange to me and I'm sure you've already thought of this too is that this person with my keys is without theirs. It seems to me they'd get a clue when they can use my keys on their stuff. I also asked the gym staff if any keys had been left. No. So my idea is this: Someone rode to the gym with someone else on their way out they instinctively went to get their keys, picked up mine looking like theirs, got a ride home, left my keys in their bag or whatever, and found theirs at a later point laying on the kitchen counter, and just assumed that's where they put mine when they got home. So my keys are probably resting in purse (yes, I have a feeling a woman did this) somewhere here in town. I can only hope she put my keys in her favorite purse and it gets used in the next couple of hours. I have asked the gym staff to let me know who the person is when my keys come back because I'd really like to talk to the person who need to pay a little more attention to detail. The only positive to this is the lucky fact that just one week before this fiasco started I placed my only remaining spare in one of those magnetic boxes that you attach to the underside of your car. Without that I wouldn't have even been able to get home from the gym without running there or getting a ride- which by the way I had to do the week previous to that when my car key jumped out of my pocket on one of my runs. Yes, keys have been an issue lately.

1 comment:

Prozenberger said...

Get a bike!!!