Monday, January 21, 2008

P.O.S.- Bissell Pet Hair Eraser


Don't buy this. We've had ours one month and it's now broken. It's still running and sucking, but not without issue. First,one of the attachments ( the pet hair eraser mechanical brush) quit working when it allowed hair to accumulate around the belt and wheel that makes it a mechanical attachement. Luckily, I was able to take it apart, clean it, and put it back together. Then yesterday I was just cleaning the floor and noticed the the vacuum getting louder and louder and starting to vibrate. "Something's not right!" I yelled over the scream of the hearing eraser... uh, I mean pet hair eraser. I turned off the vacuum and noticed my hearing has now been notched to the certain frequency of one said double cyclonic action vacuum. Patiently, I examimed the PHE and cleaned every part I could find to clean. I turn it back on and still the vibration and volume comparable to that of the space shuttle take off is blasting from our living room. Even Ziggy, our cockapoo, (and yes that is a dog breed not a bird) won't come near as he usually likes to do to investigate and try to dominate. He's sure the situation is about to become very dangerous and takes shelter in the other room. I can only imagine how his hearing was effected. Anyhoo, I examine the rotating brush located at the front of the PHE and I can tell something isn't right. It's pivoting instead of just spinning. This causing the vibration and noise. I take the brush off and examine it. One of the bearings is jammed down into the bar at and angle and the plastic is warpped. I take it all apart and try to rebuild it, knowing full well that this will be a temporary fix at best. I put it all back together and try it out. This time only about 150db roar through the house. But by the time I make it upstairs it's back to full throtle-up and ready to make the final push into orbit. So I must get a new rotating brush. Really, that will solve the problem, but who wants to deal with that after one month of use. On the other hand, this vacuum really does suck! Pun intended.

2 comments:

Owenwood Blog Moderator said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.