Sunday, November 04, 2007

The morning after State Cross-Country

I really wasn't planning on hunting this morning. When I went to bed I was pooped. The state Cross-Country championship wore me out- and I didn't even race. Those kids have a lot of energy. It's funny how they can just ride up and down an elevator like it was Space Mountain. Anyhoo, I figured if I woke up and felt good- I'd go. I haven't had very good luck the past couple of years. Some of it has been my fault, some of it has been just bad luck. Like yesterday when my historically top two runners had major issues and the worst races of their season. You have to keep trying if you want something though. So I went and it paid off. Right now deer is becoming jerkey. Funny how your day can change quickly. One moment you're chasing a doe trying to get some action- next thing you know you're soaking in soy sauce.

Honda should sponsor me.

1 comment:

kal said...

excellent man! mmmm ... deer steak, deer jerkey, deer burger. Wish I lived closer - you could use my mega KitchenAid sausage griding/making attachments for some deer sausage links too!