Monday, May 28, 2007

A new kitchen and new friends

The past 10 days have been way busy. I finally finished the school year and on the last day,which was filled with meetings in the morning and playing poker in the afternoon, I was counted as a "no show" to a meeting while attending another. I don't even know why I'm mentioning it except that it pissed me off to be doing what I should be and having my "boss" think I'm blowing off work. Vel anyvay...

So the new kitchen... here's before sort of. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures before the demo started- but you'll get the idea.


Okay, so let's just add a little...
Bam!

Bam!

Bam!
Bam!Bam!
New quartz countertop, swanstone sink, faucet, under cabinet lighting, "over the sink" light, and a Colorado slate backsplash. Lots of work, work, work- but it was worth it. Leslie designed the backsplash layout and it is very cool with pewter accents. I ran the tile saw, Leslie's mom and step-dad helped out in a huge way doing a little bit of everything.
Like the title said, I made some new friends lately too:
I met this "guy" in my backyard. His name is Butthead. He's about four feet long and hard on mice and small rabbits.
Finally, I met these guys at Leslie's graduation party. Their names are Dino and Swen and they are members of a Swedish rock group called Onyourputer. Very friendly and obviously "artistic". They told me the names of some of their songs and their latest release includes the singles, "Dude", "Play my glockenspheil", "Oh no, it's baby poop", "Can I fix your sink?", "Seven bikes and nowhere to ride" and my favorite "Quit touching me there!"

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Now that is funny! :-) Your kitchen looks great!

kal said...

great job on the kitchen! i like the color of the old kitchen (at least in the picture).. and love the colors you picked for the new. the countertops look amazing! doesn't a new kitchen just feel GREAT?

butthead is nice too. may i borrow him for my squirrels?